Citizens committee prioritizes goals for future July 4 events Around Town, posted by Editor, Danville Weekly Online, on Aug 14, 2012 at 7:56 am
The first step of the citizens' committee meeting, held on Aug. 8, was to brainstorm and determine a list of goals appropriate to focus the Independence Day event around. After suggestions that built the list to 14 goals, committee members voted on the most important and relevant.
Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, August 13, 2012, 5:02 PM
Posted by spcwt, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 14, 2012 at 7:56 am
Motorcycles cops in the parade need to tone it down a bit. They’re zooming around, swaying back and forth, all within feet of kids sitting on the curb. That is a disaster waiting to happen. What if a little kid isn’t paying attention and steps in front of a zooming bike?
And do we really need to have Democrats carrying signs saying “I am the 99%” and Republicans with signs saying “Taxed Enough Already”? Can’t we put aside our partisan differences just one day a year and come together to celebrate America?
Posted by Louise, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 15, 2012 at 8:44 am
So what if each political party in the parade expresses themselves with signs? This is America and we can have differences of opinions. Each party gives the public ideas of how different they are. One says they are the majority 99 percents and the others say they pay the majority's taxes and are tired of it. I think they were telling the truth and that's a good thing.
Posted by JT, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 15, 2012 at 12:25 pm
99% versus 1%...
Taxed Enough Already...
With the state of our economy who would not agree with me that we don't need "trickle down economics," but rather "firehose economics."
If we gave $2,000 to 1,000 taxpayers who would spend it immediately, versus $200,000 to 10 taxpayers, who would likely put it in the bank, perhaps overseas, which would stimulate the economy faster?
Assuming that the bottom 90% of the tax brackets will get tax cuts, that leaves 10% that will have taxes go up. And assuming Republicans and Democrats split the electorate 50/50, where are the 40% that you would think would support middle class tax cuts. Stuck in ideology. Republican branded empty heads.