Danville police saw flames spewing from the Arco station's garage window on San Ramon Valley Boulevard and Boone Court on Monday, around 12:46 p.m., said Sgt. Troy Craig.
Three fire trucks from the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District arrived at the scene to quell the flames.
The fire was started by a parts cleaner that was in the garage, said Deputy Fire Marshal Mike Mentink.
It took three to four minutes to stop the fire, Craig said. There were no injuries.
"It was put out very quickly," he said. "They did a very good job."
"We were there for traffic control," he added.
-Jordan M. Doronila