Uploaded: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 12:29 PM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
Sunday, August 5
* Auto burglary at 12:12 p.m. on 100 block of Edinburgh Place
* Vandalism at 11:13 p.m. on 1100 block of Delta Way
Monday, August 6
* Residential burglary at 4:08 a.m. on 100 block of Wilshire Court
* Residential burglary at 6:33 a.m. on 400 block of St. Regis Drive
* Arrest at 9:19 a.m. on 100 block of Margaret Lane
* Auto burglary at 9:51 a.m. on 100 block of Valle Vista Drive
* Petty theft at 11:56 a.m. on 700 block of Contada Circle
* Residential burglary at 4:03 p.m. on 700 block of Diablo Road
* Residential burglary at 4:22 p.m. on 200 block of Royal Saint Court
* Vehicle accident with major injuries at 5:40 p.m. on Clydesdale Drive at Diablo Road
* Misdemeanor hit and run at 6:26 p.m. on 10000 block of Diablo Road
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 11:15 p.m. on El Cerro Boulevard at Nugget Court
Tuesday, August 7
* Misdemeanor hit and run at 11:55 a.m. on I-680 South off-ramp at Sycamore Valley Road
* Arrest at 12:09 p.m. on 200 block of Paraiso Drive
* Identity theft at 2:24 p.m. on 200 block of Piedmont Lane
Wednesday, August 8
* Vandalism at 10:14 a.m. on 1900 block of South Forest Hill Place
* Residential burglary at 12:30 p.m. on 1100 block of Greenbrook Drive
* Vandalism at 7:22 p.m. on Greenbrook Drive at Rock Island Circle
Thursday, August 9
* Petty theft from vehicle at 7:22 a.m. on 100 block of Sky Terrace
* Warrant service, arrest at 12:56 p.m. on 100 block of Creekledge Court
* Petty theft from vehicle at 3:11 p.m. on 200 block of Barrett Circle
* Identity theft at 6:02 p.m. on 100 block of Club Terrace
* Auto burglary at 8:59 p.m. on 100 block of Tuscany Way
Friday, August 10
* Identity theft at 8:44 a.m. on 100 block of Windover Terrace
* Warrant service, arrest at 9:45 a.m. on 100 block of Margaret Lane
* Vandalism at 11:47 a.m. on 1000 block of El Capitan Drive
* Identity theft at 5:03 p.m. on 100 block of Creighton Way
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 10:27 p.m. on 600 block of San Ramon Valley Boulevard
Saturday, August 11
* Battery at 3:24 a.m. on Alta Vista Way at Murcia Court
* Residential burglary at 4:44 p.m. on 300 block of Linda Mesa Avenue
* Petty theft at 8:47 p.m. on 400 block of San Ramon Valley Boulevard
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Treetopper, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 15, 2012 at 1:33 pm
I'm going to bring this up, each and every week. "This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances" is a great dis-service to the Danville PD as well as the residents of Danville. Firstly, as a sampling of the blotter, the sampling does not porvide a clue as to what the PD has to contend with on a daily basis. All those mundane things can take up alot of time. Secondly, without the full blotter being published, residents have the opportunity to keep their heads in the sand and go merrily about their business. Residents need to be made aware as to the extent of crime in our Town and the amount of time expended by our PD
Posted by Jessica Lipsky, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm
While I understand your points, publishing the police log in its entirety (usually 20 pages) is a tedious and unnecessary task. Much of the log consists of traffic stops (which we report on if they result in an arrest), security checks and auto burglaries (which we also report). Whatever pertinent incidents are presented on the log are the ones that we publish -- some police logs may seem "more sampled" than others because there wasn't much newsworthy crime.
Our policy is to report on the following:
Suspicious vehicle/subject stops when an arrest is made
Traffic stops when an arrest is made
Assault with a deadly weapon, etc
Express staff has made an editorial decision to forgo reporting on every single item so that we may focus on more newsworthy stories.
You are welcome to call the Danville Police Department at 314.3700 and request a copy of the police log. I kindly request that you refrain from repeating the above post "each and every week" as our policy will not change.
Posted by frankly, a resident of the San Ramon neighborhood, on Sep 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Mrs. Jessica Lipsky,
As editor, here is what many have comment on and I have pointed out and you as Editor for the Danville area community should seriously consider.
There has been a group which shows up at several store fronts seeking donation.
They call themselves, Crossroads Christian Church, or Crossroads Chrisitan School.
Over time, I have been told that they are but one or two places. I have been told that they are in Vallejo, Antioch, Pittsburg, and today, Sept 11, 2012, I was told that they are in Livermore.
They cant be found in a google search.
I have spoken with roughly 4 or 5 of them and they all provide conflicting information.
I suspect that they are not really genuine in anything but to reach into the kind public's heart and take their money.
As Editor, can you not attempt to search them out to determine how "real" they are?
I highly suspect that there is some kind of fraud going on to pry on the kind hearts of people about.
Perhaps you can put this thought to rest and tell the public that they are genuine.
On Sept. 11, 2012, while at TJ's, Danville, I was told by a cashier that a person had been into the store to speak with the manager informing the manager that they are the Crossroads Church and have nothing to do with that group outside and the police should be called in to investigate the legitimacy of that soliciting group.
Perhaps, as editor you can exercise your journalistic prowess to make some determinations on this group which collects at many TJ's. and Whole Foods, San Ramon.
Thank you for your attention