Uploaded: Monday, June 14, 2010, 1:15 PM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops.
The following information is provided by the Danville Police Department:
Sunday, June 6
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Hartz Ave. and Linda Mesa Ave. at 12:54 a.m.
* Investigation, arrest, on Camino Ramon at 1:26 a.m.
* Party disturbance on Everett Dr. at 2:06 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Camino Tassajara at 12:05 p.m.
* Petty theft, shoplift, on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 12:25 p.m.
* Arson on Tassajara Ranch Dr. at 12:40 p.m.
* Vandalism on Fountain Springs Cir. at 1:45 p.m.
Monday, June 7
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Danville Blvd. at 12:28 a.m.
* Residential burglary on Fostoria Cir. at 10:12 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Kimberley Pl. at 10:28 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Danville Blvd. and Del Amigo Rd. at 10:44 a.m.
* Petty theft on 3100 block of Stone Valley Rd. at 4:55 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Podva Rd. and San Ramon Valley BLvd. at 10:06 p.m.
Tuesday, June 8
* Verbal disturbance on Garden Creek Pl. at 3:13 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, at Panda Express at 10:01 a.m.
* Reckless driving on Front St. and E. Prospect Ave. at 2:07 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Verde Mesa Dr. at 3:52 p.m.
* Accident, major injuries, on Camino Tassajara and Diablo Rd. at 5:19 p.m.
* Battery on Lasata Ct. at 5:32 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Normandy Ct. at 11:50 p.m.
Wednesday, June 9
* Auto burglary on Serene Ct. at 7:17 a.m.
* Warrant arrest on Brookside Dr. at 7:23 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Franciscan Dr. at 7:29 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Mission Dr. at 8:26 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Borel Lane at 9:57 a.m. and 10:19 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Vincent Ct. at 10:20 a.m.
* Petty theft, shoplift, on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 10:30 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Franciscan Dr. at 11 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, on E. Prospect Ave. at 11:31 a.m.
* Accident on Fostoria Way at 11:36 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Front St. at 2:25 p.m.
* Reckless driving, arrest, on Diablo Rd. and Green Valley Rd. at 8:13 p.m.
* Auto burglary on La Gonda Way at 8:38 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Alamatos Dr. and Diablo Ct. at 11:02 p.m.
Thursday, June 10
* Vandalism on 3100 block of Stone Valley Rd. at 1:28 a.m.
* Vandalism on Railroad Ave. at 7:36 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Sycamore Cir. at 9:24 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Camino Ramon and Fostoria Way at 10:30 a.m.
* Investigation, arrest, on St. Christopher Dr. at 10:36 a.m.
* Other felony, arrest, on Borel Lane at 2:02 p.m.
* Petty theft on Diablo Rd. and Hartz Ave. at 5:52 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Del Amigo Rd. and Las Barrancas Dr. at 7:06 p.m.
* Misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI), arrest, on 3400 block of Camino Tassajara at 7:50 p.m.
* Battery on Everett Ct. at 8:01 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Ross Ct. at 11:20 p.m.
Friday, June 11
* Auto burglary on Shady Creek Pl. at 1:55 a.m.
* Barking dog disturbance on Gil Blas Rd. and Ramona Rd. at 2:30 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Pinnacle Ridge Ct. at 8:45 a.m.
* Forgery of fraudulent documents on Diablo Rd. at 8:49 a.m.
* Petty theft on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 1:45 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Camino Ramon and Sycamore Valley Rd. at 2:16 p.m.
* Petty theft on Robyn Dr. at 2:17 p.m.
* Harass disturbance on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 2:43 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Camino Ramon and Sycamore Valley Rd. at 2:51 p.m.
* Petty theft from vehicle on Robyn Dr. at 3:48 p.m.
* Verbal disturbance, arrest, on Westwich St. at 3:51 p.m.
* Barking dog disturbance on Gil Blas Rd. at 10:24 p.m.
* Battery on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 11:08 p.m.
Saturday, June 12
* Suspicious vehicle stop, arrest, on Ridgeland Dr. and San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 2:04 a.m.
* Battery on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 2:19 a.m.
* Commercial burglary on Rose Ave. at 6:43 a.m.
* Petty theft on Meese Ct. at 7:42 a.m.
* Vandalism on Lawnview Cir. at 11:15 a.m.
* Vandalism on Brookside Dr. at 2:26 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 9:22 p.m.
* Silent alarm, arrest, on Quinterra Lane at 9:24 p.m.
* DUI, arrest, on El Cerro Blvd. and La Gonda Way at 10:03 p.m.
* Trespassing on Brookside Dr. at 11:06 p.m.
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Concerned Party, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jun 14, 2010 at 5:37 pm
I did not find coverage of a major drug bust on St. Christopher Dr. involving drugs of all types ,individuals with criminal records,a reported 17 guns including automatic weapons,marijuana plants being grown, etc., etc.Is it because it was conducted by the County, altho in our city,that you did not report on it or did I miss something?
Posted by Julia, a resident of the Alamo neighborhood, on Jun 15, 2010 at 8:14 am
That's because the new editor is selective in her reporting. Only the petty BS gets printed. Must keep the Town of Danville looking pure and clean when it's just the opposite.
Posted by Treetopper, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jun 15, 2010 at 10:44 am
I agree with Julia. Too many things happen in our little protected community that go unreported in the news. Gotta keep those home values from sliding (too much).
Posted by Emily West, editor of Danville Express, on Jun 15, 2010 at 4:09 pm
Emily West is a member (registered user) of Danville Express
Concerned Party, Julie and Treetopper -- we have been trying to get the report, but have been getting the runaround from the group involved. It is not that we are choosing to not report on it, we simply want to report first-hand information.
Posted by Dave Barrett, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:33 pm
well, i dunno... seems like concerned, julie & treetopper may have a point. it's been two days since i emailed danville express about an emergency / police action in the old orchard drive / old creek road area -- that involved on sunday evening a large fire truck, a paramedic van, four (4!!!!) danville police cruisers, and a circling airplane -- and i've not heard a thing from the editors nor seen anything on the website. fairly simple thing, it seems to me. call the danville pd, ask a question about the sunday evening blotter, post the answer. what gives?
Posted by Emily West, editor of Danville Express, on Jun 15, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Emily West is a member (registered user) of Danville Express
Hi Dave. I have made calls to the police that have not been returned. So you can hopefully understand my frustration as well as yours.
Posted by Dave Barrett, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jun 16, 2010 at 8:14 am
well... frankly, no. i don't understand. this (calls to the pd that go unreturned) seems to be typical for the express. you mean that public officials -- employees of taxpayers -- don't think it's necessary to answer to members of the press? where do they think they are? washington dc? whether we're talking about something important like the drug bust on st. chris drive or (possibly) minor like an emergency action a mile north of there, their lack of candor & transparency strikes me as a serious issue that the chief and/or mayor should be asked to address.
Posted by Julia, a resident of the Alamo neighborhood, on Jun 17, 2010 at 10:24 am
Emily, I understand how the DPD can give you the run around...they all think they walk on water.
Just a little hint. When reporting the issues in the DW, name names and tell the truth. "I called the Investigating Officer in Danville, Officer XYX...but he/she refused to give me information, etc. etc. This is our third call but no response from the DPD...hope they are not hiding something...Emily, just lay it out there and let them make the next move. Don't be scared of them, they work for us.
Thanks for listening, Julia from beautiful downtown Alamo